[aprssig] APRS - NMEA interface

Dave Skolnick dskolnick at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 08:10:56 EST 2009

> Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 07:21:11 -0800
> From: Scott Miller

> Most APRS trackers and things speak NMEA 0183, but typically only the
> RMC, GGA, GLL, and WPL sentences.  Is your navigation network providing
> WX data?  With what sentence(s)?

I have a Raymarine SeaTalk network with a SeaTalk-NMEA converter. I
know I have wind speed and relative direction (relative to the bow)
and water temperature among other things of no particular interest. My
chartplotter calculates true wind direction and I believe puts it back
on the network.

I'll do some snooping and research and see if I can identify the
specific sentences.

dave KO4MI
S/V Auspicious