[aprssig] CURRENT Windows based APRS program.... in aprssig Digest, Vol 57, Issue 2

Andy andy at rickham.net
Tue Mar 3 05:35:56 EST 2009

> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 17:05:33 -0500
> From: "Kent Hufford"
> Subject: [aprssig] CURRENT Windows based APRS program and Map Software?
> Cc: TM-D710_TM-V71 at yahoogroups.com, VX_8R at yahoogroups.com
>
> I'm using UI-view 32/Precision Mapping 8 and WinAPRS/Tiger Maps
currently.
> Both are good programs with limitations.
>
> Is there a CURRENT Windows(Vista) based APRS client that has
> updates/programmer support, that uses a CURRENT up to date supportable
MAP
> software?

Have you had a look at AGWTRacker by George? If you are on-line, it can use
Google, Yahoo and/or Virtual Earth maps. Offline it has support for shape
file maps, Garmin image maps, JPG, Gif, BMP, PNG, GeoTiff, GPX and many
others.

See http://www.agwtracker.com/trkfeautures.htm for more.

There is a fee quoted for registration, but the software works without
spending any money if you want to try it out first.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Andy, G8TQH