[aprssig] DSTAR Freq in Status text?

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Mar 2 00:00:41 EST 2009

> I have my RC-d710 now talking through my Icom
> 2820.  I was wondering, is there anyway to
> format the Status Text transmitted to include
> frequency you are on like a d710?

Sure, just put FFF.FFFMHz in the status text of the D710.  That is the standard APRS format introduced in APRS1.2.  It must be the first 10 bytes of free-text in the position comment or status fields.

I had also proposed that the DPRS interface to the DSTAR system would include the frequency in those packets gated from DPRS into the APRS system, but I was unsuccessful in convincing the right people of the value of being compatible with the frequency field.

If that was done, then not only could we see the locations of DSTAR users on APRS, but we could also see their operating frequency for a return call.

Bob, Wb4APR