[aprssig] CQ FD shame on you

Greg D. ko6th_greg at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 30 15:37:21 EDT 2009

You'd rather, perhaps, that we get points awarded by how much we suffered?

Participation in Field Day, as currently defined, is massively successful.  When every band, every satellite, and every mode light up with activity for 24 hours, bringing hams and the general public out of their cloisters and together in conversation, that's good enough for me.

For the pain part, that's what Simulated Emergency drills and other locally and regionally relevant activities are for.

We need activities on both levels.

Greg  KO6TH