[aprssig] KL3BD on Mt McKinley

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Jun 25 11:59:24 EDT 2009

I wrote...

> Bob KL3BD is on Mt McKinley...

I managed to get an APRS message to KL3BD about an hour and a half
ago... and got an ACK! He was at the time at about 5073 metres or 16645
feet. His last APRS report about half an hour ago put him at 16815 feet,
still on the way to where he hopes to camp at 17200 feet where he will
rest for at least 12 hours. Not counting use from planes or balloons,
his activity on APRS as well as IRLP are  probably both high elevation
records, and being broken every time he transmits.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH