[aprssig] Citizen Health Observer Program (CHOP)

Wm Seffens wseffens at comcast.net
Mon Jun 22 20:07:08 EDT 2009

Thanks Steve for your input,

APRS is only a minor possible data flow, the main flow is planned to be cell
phone apps (i-phone in particular), a desktop pop-up, and Twitter. I can
shape the data fields at this early stage of development to conform with an
APRS packet. I would supply programming assistance for the APRS developers.

I am envisioning this as recording observations, not daily questioning. Most
of the time, everyone is well. When someone is noticed with a cough, then
ask do they also have a fever. There is also a return flow of health
information if the volunteer opts for it. I should only need 1000 volunteers
for a feasibility study.

Wm Seffens
KG4EYO