[aprssig] Stand Alone WX

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Sun Jun 21 12:42:28 EDT 2009

On Jun 21, 2009, at 11:35 AM, Kriss A. Kliegle wrote:

> Just don't use/buy one w/a humidity sensor. They don't last but a
> few months, gave up replacing them.

I've used Peet units with a external temp/humidity sensor for more
than a decade. In that time I've had three sensor units. The first
lasted more than five years before the humidity got flakey. The second
was replaced as part of a complete replacement after the anemometer
unit was destroyed by Hurricane Wilma, it was working fine until that
point, and I have the temp/humidity unit saved as a backup. The third
has been working great for 3.5 years. There are county-owned units in
the Keys that have been up for nearly a decade. My experience is a lot
different than yours.

Steve