[aprssig] Simplest P-n-P APRS WX stn

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jun 19 14:08:30 EDT 2009

What is the simplest approach to a stand-alone WX station?

My original 1994 Peet Bros station that I used to develop APRS
wx is inop, mostly due to squirrel damage to all cables, that I
have not followed WX at all in recent years.

But a Wind Guy at an excellent location wants to put up a WX
station and I don't want to have to help him (he sounds like a
non-tool kinda guy).  I just want him to be able to pay$$$ and
install something that puts his APRS WX on the air.  So no home
brew or configuration intense solutions are desirred.

I checked out CWOP site and ther presentation on WX stations
doesn't even say anything about Peet.  I assumed a Peet in
stand-alone packet mode and a small TNC/Radio would be the way
to go, but no mention...

Ideas?
Thanks

Bob