[aprssig] Throttleing EchoLink Objects

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jul 23 12:19:37 EDT 2009

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:

> To pull off some sort of regional server, you'd have to have a filter on the
> outgoing end of the server to prevent these locally injected objects from
> going global, but yet have all of the currently acceptable traffic continue
> going global.

Sounds a lot like Firenet.  It has a full APRS-IS feed plus all the
Firenet objects, but doesn't feed all those objects back into the
global system.  I don't know how it's configured.

I think "normal" posits and messaging have a two-way interconnect to
the APRS-IS from there.  At least I have Xastir connected to Firenet
and see the full APRS-IS and my position is getting out.  I see the
packets on the RAW page at findu.com.  Messaging works in both
directions as well.