[aprssig] Danger Will Robinson!

Cap Pennell cap at cruzio.com
Wed Jul 22 20:21:40 EDT 2009

Now, where did we dispatch those CWOP stations off to?  Can we consider
sending this Echolink internet stuff over there too?  (Echolink does not
require use of a radio.)  Please, as regards our network, let's remember
amateur _radio_ operators first.   APRS is only 1200baud.
Have you remembered to optimize your own station's transmission interval and
digipeater path (and packet payload length) again today, for best courtesy
to all the other hams hoping to share our single VHF frequency?  Sure we can
all transmit, but how much do we really care about receiving?

Got internet?  Check out http://www.echolink.org/logins.jsp
Or http://www.echolink.org/links.jsp which states, "This page is intended to
help RF users find EchoLink simplex or repeater links within range of their
location."

73, Cap KE6AFE

P.S.  Suggestion: "season" these plans and ideas for 30 days before actually
"transmitting" into our APRS-IS.