[aprssig] Gating Objects from Internet to RF (fina?l)

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Wed Jul 22 17:48:48 EDT 2009

So, a tactical FromCall with NO visibility as to who actually injected
the packet is ok?

WINLINK>APWL2K,TCPIP*,qAC,T2USANW:;KA9KJE-10*080633z4243.7 NW08817.5 Wa145.610MHz 1200 R16m RMSPacket EMCOMM

Just trying to figure out the logic here.  I could make the FromCall
ECHOLINK or ECHLINK or ECHLNK and mirror the WINLINK approach?

And I get the following hourly rates for WINLINK traffic yesterday
morning (Eastern USA time) from midnight to noon.

1091, 1061, 916, 608, 1060, 1055, 537, 548, 1076, 1064, 756, 854 for an
hourly average of 885.5.

And that's with my North American filter on the APRS-IS feed.  This
confirms that the proposed EchoLink objects would be about double the
observed WinLink rate IF we go with a one hour rate.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

PS.  That text sounds sarcastic, but I'm really trying to ask a valid
question, not be smart-mouthed.