[aprssig] Danger Will Robinson!

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Wed Jul 22 16:48:02 EDT 2009

OK, if you want to do that, especially in light of the problems I see
with the bandwidth, I'll be filtering this from findU. There is simply
too much potential for confusion and other issues inherent in sending
a packet from 2000 different callsigns every 10 minutes.

Just to be clear, I am withdrawing any support that may have been
implied in my previous discussion. I now consider this to be a Very
Bad Thing. I started to lean that way when I saw the amount of data,
but the fact that it is sent with what are misleading origin calls
makes it an easier decision. I urge others concerned about the future
of APRS to look carefully at this before it gets started and
impossible to turn off!

Steve K4HG