[aprssig] Echolink Offline meaning

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jul 22 13:10:01 EDT 2009

Thanks Stephen,

So to summarize?

"Offline" means that the server that is providing this list of
Echolink STATUS generates this status when it has timed out from
hearing that station.  And/or presumably if the station itself
reports same.

I guess then, I'd vote for  having Lynn's Echolink object server
send out a KILL object when a station goes offline.  (later on,
we can readdress this, if too many of these are generated and
they become a nuisance).

Also we need someone to confirm what a D7, D700 and D710 and
VX-8R or HAMHUD do with a kill object.  Do they make it
disapplear from the list, or just change some flag?

Bob, Wb4APR