[aprssig] Gating Objects from Internet to RF

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Wed Jul 22 12:06:39 EDT 2009

Hi Mark,

Some IGate software allows gating based on object prefix, just like from-call prefix.  If you use a filtered server feed for only your area with your IGate, then you can use capable software to gate based on the EL- object prefix.  If your software is not capable of gating based on object prefix, you might go to the Echolink site and determine what links/repeaters you want to specifically gate to RF.  I basically do this with my IGate using an area filter matching the county I live in.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net