[aprssig] Gating Objects from Internet to RF

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Wed Jul 22 08:57:08 EDT 2009

I would much prefer you use your own callsign as the originating
station for the packets, rather than sending a packet that appears to
come from another ham. There is nothing illegal in the way you are
doing it because you are send on the internet, but it might make some
of those hams uncomfortable to be listed as originating station for
packets they never heard of. I care because when a ham Googles their
call and finds "bootleg" packets appearing on findU I'm the guy that
gets their angry emails. That is why I hate the DX cluster to APRS
gateways, they generate a lot of extra work for me.

Steve K4HG