[aprssig] Q: NOGATE Method(s)

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sat Jul 18 07:04:07 EDT 2009

Steve K9DCI wrote...

> I know about putting either NOGATE or RFONLY last in the Path, but...
> I'm sure I saw that you can also put |!| FIRST in the STATUS Text to
> get the same effect. Or is is !x!.

>From UI-View's help...

     No-gate aliases - If a frame has any of these digi aliases in
     its unproto path, then a UI-View IGATE will not pass it to
     the internet servers. This provides a mechanism for APRS
     users to stop their frames being gated to the internet via your
     IGATE. Separate multiple aliases with commas.

It doesn't state if it has to be at the end, but implies that it can be
anywhere. I tried with NOGATE at the end of the path and the middle
of the path and I wasn't gated, A "NOGATE" in the beacon comment
made no difference. It was gated several places.

I've never heard of using |!| or !x!.

> Brain full... Or am I catching Alzheimer's from my mother-in-law?

I don't remember how you caught it.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH