[aprssig] Q: NOGATE Method(s)

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Jul 18 01:30:48 EDT 2009

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009, Steve Noskowicz wrote:

> I know about putting either NOGATE or RFONLY last in the Path,
> but...   I'm sure I saw that you can also put |!| FIRST in the
> STATUS Text to get the same effect.  Or is is !x!.

Xastir:

     // Check for "TCPIP" or "TCPXX" in the path.  If found, don't
     // gate this into the internet again, it's already been gated to
     // RF, which means it's already been on the 'net.  No looping
     // allowed here...
     //
     // We also now support NOGATE and RFONLY options.  If these are
     // seen in the path, do _not_ gate those packets into the
     // internet.
     //
     // Don't gate OpenTrac expanded packets to the 'net.
     //
     if ( (strstr(path,"TCPXX") != NULL)
             || (strstr(path,"TCPIP") != NULL && port >= 0) // x_spider ok
             || (strstr(path,"NOGATE") != NULL)
             || (strstr(path,"RFONLY") != NULL)
             || (strstr(path,"OPNTRK") != NULL)      // OpenTrac Packet
             || (strstr(path,"OPNTRC") != NULL) ) {  // OpenTrac Packet

If we get past the above conditions we're allowed to gate it from
RF to the 'net.  The Xastir operator can also disallow igating on a
per-interface or global basis via toggles in the user interface.