[aprssig] A Plea !!!!!!!!!

Tim N9PUZ tim.n9puz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 09:15:11 EDT 2009

Since we're talking about this I have a question/suggestion.

I've used APRS for a couple of years as primarily an "appliance
operator". We gear up for a public service event, etc. and I know to
plug in a certain set of parameters and the messaging and tracking
works. Until recently I didn't care much about paths, alias', etc. as
long as the APRS lead for the event gave me what they wanted to see.

I've been researching a new project lately and have a need to
understand all of these things. It seems that every web site I locate
wants to give me a history lesson. It would be refreshing if there was
a site for newcomers that goes right to today's accepted configuration
with the WideN paradigm, etc. and skipped over all the things we
shouldn't be doing. The old stuff could just be flagged as obsolete.

As my own information gathering progresses I plan such a set of pages
if nothing seems to exist by the time I feel comfortable in giving
direction.

Tim, N9PUZ