[aprssig] West Virginia Digipeater Coverage (US-19 and Interstate 79)

Josh Smith juicewvu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 19:10:41 EDT 2009

Lynn,
I apologize for not providing the necessary information that yes I was
traveling as KD8HRX-2.  I'm pretty new to this and still learning the
ropes.

I am questioning about my travel on the 12th of July.  As part of my
journey from Leesville, LA to Morgantown, WV I traveled north from
Beckley, WV on US-19 on to Interstate 79 into Morgantown and APRS
coverage during that leg of the trip seemed very sparse.

Thanks for providing the links to your visualizations.  They look like
they will help me answer my questions.  I travel that route from
Morgantown to Beckley fairly often and was curious as to weather there
were digis along the route and they just weren't able to hear my
(tiny??) 5 watt APRS beacon or if there just is not much APRS coverage
in the are

Again, thanks for the advice and links.

Thanks,
Josh Smith