[aprssig] regional APRS coordinators?

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Sun Jul 5 06:41:31 EDT 2009

I don't know my Nevada geography, but have generated maps of the APRS
infrastructure and mobile coverage over the past week for the general
coordinates of the state of Nevada.  If you can figure out where Black
Rock is, you should get a good idea of the existing infrastructure
(digi/igate) and mobile coverage in the area and if the new digi will
actually serve any purpose.

You'll find the set of maps at:

http://ldeffenb.dnsalias.net.nyud.net/Tracking/Act00/*Nevada*

(0) is the least informative showing ALL traffic for the past week.
(2) shows ONLY IGate and Digi traffic and gives a pretty good idea of
infrastructure
(3) shows dots for mobiles with large (Igate) and small (Digi) dots from (2)
(4) is the same as (3) using large/small green dots for the Igate/Digis

These images are 768 wide by 1024 tall so if you don't run a large
resolution monitor, you'll need to zoom in and pan around with your
browser to see the details.

Let me know if this helps and where Black Rock is (NE, SW or which
existing IGate it is near).

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - APRS Infrastructure Visualization

PS.  I'm using the CoralWeb content distribution network to reduce my
outbound bandwidth. If the link doesn't work, refresh it, and possibly
try again in an hour or so.  Also, please let me know if it gives you
any trouble viewing the maps.