[aprssig] KPC3+ WIDE setup

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Jan 30 13:52:54 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 01:40:24PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <chris at n8wct.com> flavor, containing:
> I am the WIDEN DIGI.

But Bill's point is that if you use WIDE1-1 as path, your WIDEN digi will
light up all the WIDE1-1 fill-in digis there might be in range of it in
addition to going one real wide hop from the next WIDEN-n.  If you do WIDE2-1
as path, your high, wide digi will *not* cause those WIDE1-1 fill-ins to
digipeat the packet.  A high digi causing low-lying fill-ins to digipeat is
not a desirable thing, it's meant to be the other way around.

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation