[aprssig] Doubling APRS messaging in ham radio overnight

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Jan 27 10:54:15 EST 2009

How about not doing conversions?  I've found pager suppliers who specify
broad frequency ranges across several bands, including 2 meters.  I can
inquire and find out how large an order would be needed to get a custom
frequency.  (Too bad they're not likely to be easy to hack to work on AX.25)

I already know of one outfit that'd probably be able to do it for a 500
unit minimum order.  That's a little more than I'd like to sink into
such a project right away, though, unless they're really cheap.

Scott
N1VG