[aprssig] Doubling APRS messaging in ham radio overnight

Dave Baxter Dave at emv.co.uk
Tue Jan 27 04:44:18 EST 2009

I like that idea!

Not sure how easy/dificult the pager conversion is, but over hear, I
think they use RF arround 175MHz, so not too far from 2m.   Can they be
made to monitor more than one frequency?  Like, scan for a signal?

Finding a suitable frequency to use could be "interesting", we only have
2MHz to play with, and most of that is band-planed, what isn't has all
sorts of "little private nets on", but only when you want to experiment
do they come out of the noise and complain..  Nothing new there then by
the sound of it!

There are also "still some issues" putting up new stuff on 70cms these
days.

Cheers.

Dave G0WBX.