[aprssig] Doubling APRS messaging in ham radio overnight

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Jan 26 12:24:21 EST 2009

Now THIS is something I find a little more interesting.  And I have the
hardware to work on it, too - my service monitor does POCSAG, though all
I've ever done with it is send test messages to an ancient, deactivated
SAR pager from my junk box.

It's also something that I could see having some commercial value, which
is always nice when it comes to justifying R&D costs.

What's out there for two-way pagers?  I've never had a chance to mess
with them.  They're not nearly as widespread and cheap as the regular
kind, but there have to be a bunch out there still.

Scott
N1VG