[aprssig] What is the best GPS Data RX on the market now?

Greg D. ko6th_greg at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 25 23:32:58 EST 2009

I did a bunch of research in trying to find a replacement for my GPS-III.  >From what you describe, any GPS that has good support for Geocaching should support your needs.  I'm not related to Garmin in any way, but their GPS Map 60CSx has a built-in altimeter and magnetic compass, and pretty sensitive receivers, it would be worth a look.  It's basically the same as my eTrex Vista HCx, but it has a serial port (and is in a big ugly package).

Just stay away from the car-oriented ones.

Good luck,

Greg  KO6TH