[aprssig] What is the best GPS Data RX on the market now?

Rich Garcia k4gpsc at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 20:59:30 EST 2009

I just remembered Brent wrote Waypoint+ before APRSsa. I think I have a copy
somewhere but if not he may still have it on the web. Waypoint+ saved and
transfered waypoints for the Garmin and then eventually evolved into APRSsa
which I was lucky enough to Alpha test. Other than a memory hog I loved that
program.

I just want to save everything up and keep it safe till I either get the GPS
fixed (I doubt I will bother) or decide on what other GPS I will use for the
property and navigation. I got 30 acres here of pine tree farm and use a
handheld GPS very often to get distances and bearings, a lot of the property
can not be seen from other spots due to rugged terrain. As we have all seen
GPS's have changed from the days of the GPS II, III and V, they have some
neat displays and features now but have also been taken mainstream consumer
which I call "stupified". Lack of serial data, lack of technical display
screens...it's going to be a tough decision.