[aprssig] What is the best GPS Data RX on the market now?

Rich Garcia k4gpsc at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 11:38:28 EST 2009

Well after so many years both my Garmin GPS II and GPS V have bit the dust.
I have not bought a GPS in a long time and wish to have one burried under
the dash. Currently my Trimble patch sits under the dash with the GPS V in
the glove box and I wish to replace the antenna with the whole GPS like a
Garmin or Delu.

What is the best suggestion this will be NEMA RS232 Only going into a
Kenwood D710 and hard wired to allways on via the fuse block? I checked
Scott's web page and it seems Garmin has a problem currently with the GPS18
and the Delu...well not too sure if it's worth the money. It does not need
to be mag mount but it would be nice since there is a nice bracket under the
dash I can get to that is metal and makes a nice stealth install. 12V input
would be a requirement, not really intrested in having to make a 5V adapter
cludge and having to hide more wires/boxes under a tight dash.

Thanks,
Rich K4GPS