[aprssig] APRS / Packet board for Arduino

Brian B. Riley brianbr at mac.com
Sat Jan 24 10:19:18 EST 2009

  I have been selling Freeduino (fully Arduino compatible alternative
systems) for coming up on two years now and watched the ham percentage
of my clientele rise from almost nothing to about  20%. Its really is
the next step up from the Basic Stamp/PICAXE world, with far more
power at your fingertips. The high level libraries in existence for
Arduino make it trivial to do many complex actions that you couldn't
begin to do on a 'basic stamp' -like processor ... and I think most
hams would be thrilled to have floating point math available after all
the kluges we have been doing for years with stamps and integer
arithmetic

         < http://www.wulfden.org/TheShoppe/freeduino/index.shtml>

The Arduino IDE is amazingly robust and stable in Winders, MacOSX, and
LInux, especially when you see that the code team still calls it Alpha
code! Its written in Java and is more or less the same across all
three platforms. Its got a lot to offer the ham world.

--
cheers ... 73 de brian  riley,  n1bq , underhill center, vermont
   <http://web.mac.com/brianbr/>  Tech Blog