[aprssig] APRS / Packet board for Arduino

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jan 23 19:11:03 EST 2009

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009, J.C. Wren wrote:

> At least it's enabling people who wouldn't otherwise get involved with a
> microcontroller to do something interesting with them.  Even if blinking a
> LED is what they considering exciting.

Hey, don't knock it!   Getting an LED blinking _is_ exciting if it
means that your Assembly/C startup routines that you wrote from
scratch have just booted the processor.  hi hi  I still remember
doing that on an HC11 (MIT Handyboard) and quite enthused when the
Page-0 LCD routine started working.

I've messed with Linux toolchains and Atmel Mega processors for a
bit and that first LED blink was exciting...  For about 2 seconds!
Getting each further piece running was also exciting for the same
time period, after that you get calloused.

I like the Mega processors and programming them in C.  The Arduino
uses the same processor family as the TinyTrak4, maybe even the same
chip.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer