[aprssig] APRS / Packet board for Arduino

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Fri Jan 23 17:26:56 EST 2009

It's a microcontroller board that comes with a nice development
environment, and has a bunch of add-on boards available.  It's not
something I find particularly useful myself (I program in C and have
more advanced tools) but I thought it'd be a good way to let people put
together their own gadgets without so much programming.

I'm planning to do an APRS pager as a demo - it'll just receive a
message, print it on the screen, and maybe activate a buzzer.

I've also written a demodulator to handle SAME data (for Emergency Alert
System broadcasts and weather warnings), but it's not 100% reliable yet.
  When it's working right, you could use it to monitor a NWS channel and
display messages or take some other action when a message comes in.

Scott
N1VG