[aprssig] Failed APRS?

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Wed Jan 21 13:38:11 EST 2009

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009, scott laughlin wrote:

> My YL, KC7BSY, is a no code technician who does APRS.  Using my TM-D710
> I'm able to keep a 2-way going with her in Dallas.

   What path setting do you use for this?  If it's a WIDEn-N, then you are
also QRMing an equal distance west, north, south, and east of the needed
path.  Have you investigated the actual digipeaters along your path and
considered a specific path, or better yet, ax25 connected mode on another
frequency?

--
Rick Green, N8BJX

                                   -Benjamin Franklin