[aprssig] Failed APRS?

Jan T. Pharo la2bba at jpharo.net
Tue Jan 20 14:22:41 EST 2009

"Cap Pennell" <cap at cruzio.com>, Tue, 20 Jan 2009 10:51:05 -0800

>At least now, since November, it been agreed unanimously by the member
>national radio societies to adopt the APRS
>"New n-N Paradigm", as published by WB4APR, for use within IARU Region 1, to
>ensure Worldwide
>consistency regarding parameter settings, improving the overall APRS network
>flow, as well
>as providing a common baseline for future improvements.

Right.
But I was writing about universal support for 144.99, not for the n-N
paradigm. However, I misread Wes' sentence, losing a "not" so we did
agree, really.
||Problem is, there is not universal support for that frequency.

My intention was to repeat that there are more APRS frequencies, but I
didn't read slowly enough before posting. In fact, I was about to go
to the tv to see a transmission from Washington, D.C., (in the USA)
and was in a hurry :-)

--
73 de Jan, LA2BBA
Hvaler, Norway