[aprssig] Failed APRS?

Cap Pennell cap at cruzio.com
Tue Jan 20 13:51:05 EST 2009

At least now, since November, it been agreed unanimously by the member
national radio societies to adopt the APRS
"New n-N Paradigm", as published by WB4APR, for use within IARU Region 1, to
ensure Worldwide
consistency regarding parameter settings, improving the overall APRS network
flow, as well
as providing a common baseline for future improvements.

This also ensures simple user training, and compatibility with all APRS
platforms.
By simplifying the network to only accept "WIDEn-N", and telling users to
limit their "N's" to the
minimum needed for their own area, a vast improvement in reliability and
throughput will be
achieved in a common IARU, Region 1 APRS System, and beyond.

"CT08_C5_Rec13"
http://www.iaru-r1.org/CT08_Cavtat%20Final%20plenary%20minutes.pdf

Cool!  Thanks!
73, Cap