[aprssig] Somewhat OT - Seeking Ham-friendly mobile cell banlegislation?

Amateur Radio WB8NUT duffy at wb8nut.com
Tue Jan 20 10:13:33 EST 2009

I would not jump to that conclusion. Issuing tickets for minor traffic
violations is nothing more than a tax and the police officers become
nothing more than tax collectors. Many small cities and villages get
substantial revenues from traffic violations. Their budgets would
collapse without the massive issuance of traffic tickets.

Hence, now that many governments have severe budget problems, they are
are looking for revenue everywhere they can get it. They are pushing the
police to issue more tickets. So beware, even minor petty traffic
"violators" are now getting taxed....I mean ticketed...to help the
government's strained budgets.

Duffy
www.wb8nut.com