[aprssig] Failed APRS?

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Jan 19 20:54:34 EST 2009

I've experimented with that before, and didn't come up with a scheme I
liked to avoid extra transmissions at stop lights and such.

With the T2 or OT1+, you can switch to a second, low-rate profile when
the car is off (switching based on supply voltage can usually detect
that) and set the transmit-on-switch option so it'll transmit
immediately when you shut down.

And for the record, it's Pop Tarts and popcorn that I've GOT in the
office... I'm out of spaghetti-Os and bagel dogs.  But it's mostly Coke
Zero that fuels the software development, anyway.  =]

(BTW, 225 Tracker2 boards came in today, all UPS orders shipped already
and postal orders will start shipping tomorrow.)

Scott
N1VG