[aprssig] aprssig Digest, Vol 55, Issue 22

Amir K9CHP sarlabs at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 16:19:27 EST 2009

I live in NYS, I have a NYS ham operator plate K9CHP, but I'm not
considered an emergency vehicle of any sort on the road. Now if you look
on how to obtain a ham radio operator license plate, you will see the
instructions are with other emergency type plates as you need to provide
proof (a copy of your FCC license) but that's where the officialdom
begins and ends.

I don't know what the person below called "specifically exempt". The
only break is on the cost of the ham plate, much cheaper than a regular
vanity plate.

           73 de Amir, K9CHP WAS, WAC, VE (ARRL and W5YI)
            www.K9CHP.net <http://www.K9CHP.net/>
http://k9chp.blogspot.com <http://k9chp.blogspot.com/>
            Eagle Valley Search Dogs http://evdogs.org/ K9 Handler (SAR)
            NYS Federation Certification Tester