[aprssig] Programming Language Advice

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Thu Jan 15 02:06:04 EST 2009

I'm sure one really ugly line of perl will do it, though you may never
be able to figure out HOW when you go back and look at it again later.

Python seems to be a lot less ugly, but I'm not familiar enough with it
to know how to set this one up.

I'd probably just do it in C, but that's because I wouldn't have to
think about how to do it, not because it's the best language (or even a
very good one) to do it in.

Come to think of it, I could do that in PL/SQL (the decode function
would handle the compass directions) but that doesn't do you much good
unless you're working with Oracle.

Scott
N1VG