[aprssig] Another Bootlegger?

Rich Garcia k4gpsc at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 19:19:31 EST 2009

No that is Doug in TAL. Doug apparently is making a nice statement. I am
guessing he coded it so that when someone pulls up ETL his beacon will also
show up via the IS and try to get a point across to whomever is looking for
ETL on their computer.

Eventually no matter how you cut it the message will get through, probably
sooner than later. I would suggest "later" the beacon be changed to "FCC
Notified $10K fine to trucking company coming". If ETL does not disappear
after a week of warnings it's most probable that they don't care. As hams we
may know about plenty of past FCC actions against Truckers, Trucking
Companies, and stops like Pilot and FlyingJ for illegal equipment/operations
but it may not be common knowledge in the industry.

I know we have some OTR Truckers in the ranks, if any are on the list please
chime in on your thoughts. I think Peter retired again, but there are
several others out there.