[aprssig] Another Bootlegger Using APRS As a Commercial AVLSystem ???

Chris Rose kb8uih at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 4 16:07:58 EST 2009

You are right suggesting someone physically monitor the transmitter locally to build a history of the transmissions.  Someone may have to record audio transmissions as well to see if any identifications are made via morse code.  Now, if a morse transmission is done, doesn't some evidence in the packet for code to do so have to be evident?  What code makes the tracker transmit?  Doesn't it show in the code that is transmitted?  If not, then audio evidence of the transmission is necessarry.  Now, if these people are knowledgeable of making morse transmissions why not make it an obvious transmission in the packet?  They are inviting trouble if they have done this and not openly transmitted a packet with their call sign in it.

Chris
KB8UIH