[aprssig] APRS RF-ID

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Mon Feb 23 09:02:39 EST 2009

Even with "badge-out", unless there's a single-person man-trap at the
entrance/exit, you'll still end up with some residual "people" at the
EOC, especially after a mass meeting.  One person will use their badge
to open the door and the whole group will leave undetected.  It's
sometimes a problem on entry, but more often on exit.  Been there, done
that, and there really isn't a good solution except for double-scanning
RFID across then entrance/exit in order to accurately catch EVERYONE
with an RFID badge as well as to determine their direction (entering or
leaving based on which "saw" them first and second).

It all depends on the use of the data.  If it is simply for curiosity,
it would provide that.  If it is for practically any other purpose, the
resulting data is probably not accurate enough.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Devolving into RFID rather than APRS...