[aprssig] gps/tnc linkup

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Feb 17 23:34:19 EST 2009

If all the handhelds have is USB, then no, this won't work.  It's not a
USB host.  It *would* be possible to build one - it would take a
considerable amount of work, a larger processor, and probably an
external power supply, though.  I have a couple of development boards on
hand that I got to experiment with that, but I dropped it when I
discovered that most of the current USB models do NOT do position data
at all over USB - they just go into mass storage mode as soon as they're
connected.

Scott
N1VG