[aprssig] [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Automatic omni DF query

Kai Gunter Brandt kai.brandt at hjemme.no
Tue Feb 10 13:31:10 EST 2009

Scott Miller skrev:
> Yes, that should be possible.  I'll have to think about how I might
> change the scripting system to support that, rather than making it a
> built-in feature - that's exactly why the scripting system is there, to
> try to reduce the number of special applications that have to be
> hard-coded in the firmware.
>
> Scott
> N1VG

It's not a demand ;o) but if this is possible it opens for permanent
DF-units that can be used for different tasks without reflashing the
firmware.

The possibility to request data from other units are great.
But for me the possibility to always monitor one channel and that the
unit automaticly sends data when signal is above a value would be even
more great.

If other people have som ideas i hope they are posting them as this is
going to make it much easier for you to plan the "logic" for the device.

I did not see the RX range on this device but is it possible to RX on
144-171MHz ?

It's easy to make a plugin for the TM-D710 doing a thing like this.
Even if the radio are in APRS mode you can send/receive data using
software. And with an extra cable you can do the QSY on the other band
and read the squelch level etc.

I can try this when the format are defined for the trigger functions etc.

Kai Gunter
LA3QMA