[aprssig] A New "Space" Trend ?

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Fri Feb 6 19:51:29 EST 2009

You are correct, Joel.  However, APRS-IS has maintained some semblance to AX.25 by limiting callsigns to 3 to 9 contiguous alphanumeric characters possibly terminated with a hyphen followed by one or two alphanumeric characters.  Maximum total length (including hyphen and SSID) is 9 characters.  This is specific to the "from" callsign in the header.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net