[aprssig] A New "Space" Trend ?

KB5ILY - Travis W. Burton kb5ily at arrl.net
Fri Feb 6 17:59:30 EST 2009

Maybe I haven't noticed it in the past, but I have noticed several new stations
inserting a space between CALL and an SSID.  Plus the SSID is one or two
letters rather than numbers.  Only one example of this in my stations list
would be:
NT5RN A
NT5RN B
NT5RN C
NT5RN AB
NT5RN-B
NT5RN-C

Is space a valid character per the spec ?

73 de Travis KB5ILY
--
             Travis W. Burton, NP, ESQ., KB5ILY / Arkadelphia AR
   EC - Clark County AR, SATERN, ARRL Instructor & VE, AREC I, II & III
                      Internet: mailto:kb5ily at arrl.net
                         WWW:  http://www.kb5ily.org
                    GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA
Only he who Attempts the Ridiculous can Achieve the Impossible. (WILL HENRY)
                    Linux is my operating system of choice.

                    Computers are like Air Conditioners,
              they stop working correctly when you open windows.