[aprssig] SSID Question and Path Question

Dave Sloan desloan at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 31 20:07:50 EST 2009

Hello all,
   Hope that everyone had a Merry Christmas and that Santa brought you
everything you wanted. Please have a Happy and SAFE New Year!
   I have not been active in APRS for a while. I was just checking on the
internet and I see that the activity level of APRS has gone way up in the
Colorado Springs area (for years I was the only mobile for a 20 to 25 mile
area). Looking at the call signs I see that most of the stations are not
using a SSDI for there home stations. The two questions I have are:
Can someone either give me a URL with the current SSID uses?
Can someone tell me what is wrong in the following paths? Or give me a URL
that gives the current paths that are to be used?

I see the following SSID's and paths:

-7 with an icon that looks like a torch over a wire  path: >SYPSXV via
WIDE1-1*,WIDE2-1,qAR,WB0BLV

No ssid and a WX symbol path: APRS via TCPXX*,qAX,CWOP-2

-P with a house icon path: APU25N via TCPIP*,qAC,T2APRSWST

-9 with a truck icon path: DJATSY via
WB0BLV,WIDE1,WB0JRG-7,WIDE2*,qAR,WB0BLV

-7 with an icon of a runner path: S9PTVS via N0PWZ,WIDE1,ALMGRE*,qAR,WB0BLV

No ssid and a WX icon path: APU25N via TCPIP*,qAC,T2TUS

Note the following two ssid's are the same call sign
-3 fire truck icon path: APU25N via TCPIP*,qAC,T2APRSWST

-2 fire truck path: APU25N via TCPIP*,qAC,T2TUS

-B with a black disamond and a D inside of the diamond path: APJI23 via
TCPIP*,qAC,W0TLM-BS

-1 with a blue octagon with a ? in it parth: APU25N via TCPIP*,qAC,T2MIDWEST

No ssid black octagon with a 1 in it path:
APU25N,WIDE2-1,qAR,WB0BLV:=/;.p{4%qw1 BAPRS Server {UIV32N}

-10 Green circle with WX in it (this is from TN) path:
APW251,KF4TNP-3*,WIDE3-1,qAR,K2HAL-1:=3555.15N\08504.48W_PHG5268/>>>
Cumberland Plateau Crossville TN WX <<< -TNCUM-251-<630>
*** shows distance from Cheyenne Mt., Colorado as 9.4 miles. Shows distance
from Cookeville/Putnam Co EMA (TN) as 27.3 miles. There is NO way both of
these are correct. How can this happen?

Other paths that I see are:

S8UUPR,ALMGRE,WB0BLV,WB0JRG-7,WIDE2*,qAR,WB0BLV:`pKDl#Pk/"IU}

APN391,qAR,KA0SWT:!3846.33N110459.55W#PHG3830 WA6IFI W2,COn /A=012349

APN383,qAR,WB0BLV:!3746.27N/10427.34W#PHG4665/W3,SSn SOLAR DIGI E OF
WALSENBURG

I see that a lot of home stations are not using any SSID. I see where some
are using -3, others are using -7, others are using -9 etc for their
mobiles. Is there no longer an standardization for the use of SSID's?

TNX & 73,
Dave N0EOP
31033