[aprssig] Andorid APRS

Duane Whittingham n9ssn at arrl.net
Sun Dec 20 23:18:43 EST 2009

While im not a coder I do have the Droid and would love to alpha or
beta test and provide feedback
when ready, i really want an APRS tracker for the Droid :)

Duane - N9SSN
Chicago

At 08:15 PM 12/20/2009, you wrote:
>On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 5:24 PM, Ryan Tourge <k2rrt.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Anyone working/worked on a "tracking" app for Android?
> >
> > Ryan,K2RRT
>
>I started experimenting with the Maps API in hope of expanding that to
>a full APRS application (tracking, messaging, and maps). So far I have
>icons plotting on the map, but not from an APRS source. This
>experimentation was last month and I haven't had a chance to take it
>further yet. Maybe after Christmas.
>
>I'd love to make this into an open source project. Anyone else
>interested in helping? I think the first requirement is an APRS
>parser/encoder in Java. At that point, mapping, messaging, and
>tracking can be developed almost independently (those features don't
>interact with each other much).
>
>Tom KD7LXL

Amateur Radio Operator
Duane Whittingham - N9SSN
Skywarn, ARES, SATERN
City of Chicago CERT Member
Red Cross Disaster Services Technology Member
Red Cross ECRV Certified