[aprssig] Andorid APRS

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 21:15:20 EST 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 5:24 PM, Ryan Tourge <k2rrt.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone working/worked on a "tracking" app for Android?
>
> Ryan,K2RRT

I started experimenting with the Maps API in hope of expanding that to
a full APRS application (tracking, messaging, and maps). So far I have
icons plotting on the map, but not from an APRS source. This
experimentation was last month and I haven't had a chance to take it
further yet. Maybe after Christmas.

I'd love to make this into an open source project. Anyone else
interested in helping? I think the first requirement is an APRS
parser/encoder in Java. At that point, mapping, messaging, and
tracking can be developed almost independently (those features don't
interact with each other much).

Tom KD7LXL