[aprssig] USB to Serial Converter

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Sat Dec 19 16:18:10 EST 2009

On Sat, December 19, 2009 22:25, KA7O wrote:
> Most 'Linux' supported USB to RS-232 devices use a Prolific 2303
> (PL2303) chip.

My experience (in Windows) has also been that devices that use the PL-2303
chipset work well, as long as you install current drivers from Prolific's
website. The drivers that came with Windows XP for PL2303 didn't work that
well. I had problems uploading firmware updates to certain devices that
had serial ports, for example, before I updated the drivers. But I don't
have any experience with PL2303 in Windows 7.

  Tapio