[aprssig] Nuvi GPS blast

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Dec 13 09:36:57 EST 2009

While I thoroughly love my NUVI350 with Argent Systems interface cable for Mobile APRS applications, I saw this rant about the NUVI 500 from a highly respected hacker over on the Electric Vehicle sig.

He laments the overall DECLINE in usefulness of GPS units (NUVI as an example) as they are dumbed down to one-app fits all mentality.  He mentions the same useless attempts at Garmin customer service that Scott frquently mentinos.  THey are just too big to listen anymore to cusomers..

Bob, WB4APR