[aprssig] Nuvi 350 still on sale thru the end of Aug 09 WEB Only

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Aug 26 18:43:23 EDT 2009

> Note that these are open-sourced devices, so the program code for
> dealing with FMI is visible and can be used as a starting point for
> developing similar capabilities in other software.

Actually I haven't released the GTRANS code publicly, but the FMI stuff
is in the Tracker2 code, which IS out there.  I'm wary of making it TOO
easy to duplicate - unlike most of the stuff I sell, it'd be an
attractive one for certain GPS accessory makers to just appropriate.

The firmware is field-upgradeable though, and I'll be happy to help out
anyone who wants to tweak it for their own projects.

Scott
N1VG